Part 5 - 10 questions - Look at the pictures and read the story. Write words to complete the sentences about the story. You can use 1, 2 or 3 words.
It was Thursday morning. Paul opened his eyes and sat up in bed. "It's my birthday. I'm ten today," he said to his favourite bear. He looked at his old toys in the cupboard opposite his bed. "I don't need those toys now," he said. His mother came into his room with some presents. "Happy Birthday, Paul!" she said. "What do you want to do today? Go to the zoo? The cinema?" "I don't want to go out," Paul said. "I'm ten now. I must put my old toys in the basement."
"OK," said his mother quietly.
Paul's birthday was on Thursday
Paul talked to his favourite bear first.
1. Paul's old toys were in a cupboard which was
2. Paul's said "Happy Birthday!"
3. Paul wanted to take his toys downstairs to the
After breakfast, they found three boxes which they carried upstairs. Paul's mum picked up his toy train and put it in the first box.
"No," said Paul. "I like playing with that sometimes."
Then she put Paul's kangaroo very carefully in the second box.
"No," said Paul. "I like his face. He's always smiling."
4. Paul and his mother carried upstairs.
5. The first toy that Mum picked up was Paul's
6. The kangaroo went in the box.
7. Paul liked his kangaroo's happy
Paul's mum put his kite in the third box.
"No," said Paul. "Dad and I play with that in the park sometimes."
"Dad's toy cars are under our bed, Paul, and he's a lot older than you. You don't need these boxes," said Mum. "How about going to the zoo?"
Paul laughed. "Oh, yes!" he said. "Let's go!"
8. Paul and his father play in with Paul’s kite sometimes.
9. Paul's father's were under the bed.
10. In the end, Paul wanted to go to with his mum.